Inspired by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra’s “Power of Dreams” string programs, the CMS String Team program provides affordable group violin classes to local Jackson elementary and middle schools. String Teams meet right at your child’s school and are led by CMS faculty.
As a member of a String Team, students will learn teamwork, respect, discipline, and the enjoyment of making music. Just a few of the other lifetime benefits include:
- Developing academic and socially oriented skills, including self-discipline and concentration
- Learning to listen and follow oral/written directions
- Working within a group toward a common goal
- Refining motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- And the list goes on and on!
For students who do not attend a String Team school, we offer a Downtown String Team program at the Community Music School with both 1st and 2nd year classes available. Generous scholarships and payment plans are available, as well as instrument loan programs. Please speak to your school administrator if you would like to see a String Team at your school!